Ethiopian FAST food

Road Trip!  I was driving, ten hours, to Arizona.  I didn't want to end up searching a 7 eleven for something suitable (yeah, right! like that is going to happen) so I went to Nature Mart in Los Feliz the day before, to get Road Trip supplies.  I picked up an Ethiopian wrap, made with injera bread (teff, barley & wheat flour, which is fermented for two days) and stuffed with bright yellow split pea paste.  The filling was flavoured with garlic, turmeric, ginger and lemon juice. The spices were very mild and just lifted the peas enough not to over power the tangy, kind of sour flavour of the bread.




The texture is so unique and the bread is so delicate and the filling smooth with the occasional pea, still intact, bursting in my mouth.  Jesus, it was good.  Food to make you smile and satisfied.   I washed it down with a cold bottle of Virgil's Diet (6 cal sweetener free) Cherry cream soda.  Sweetened with Stevia  VirgilsVirgil's Diet Black Cherry Cream Soda - 4 per pack
Fizzy, not too sweet and the cherry flavour packs a punch
.
Rahel vegan Ethiopian supplies the wraps in Whole Food also.  They have a restaurant but I have not yet been fortunate to go there.  The food on the website looks delicious.  If you get to go there, let me know so that I may live vicariously through you!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...