Raw Carrot Cupcakes - Product review

RAW CARROT CUPCAKES




I was just reminiscing over my food pictures (yes, I really was!) and I came across a gorgeous little pud I hadn't yet told you about.  

I spied these, from PATISSERAW - CARROT COLLECTIVE - in the fridge at Nature Mart in Los Feliz, LA.  Perfect for a little picnic I was gathering.  Two mini raw VEGAN cupcakes.


They had all the flavour of baked carrot cake.  The top frosting was the perfect mix of cream and tart, dusted with cinnamon and almonds.  They were good.  But being a flavour detective,  I did wonder if they'd be better if the base was dehydrated to concentrate the rich flavours of the nuts, fruit and spices.   Would I devour them again?....oh yes!  Owners Christina and Alex also run courses so you can learn to recreate these at home... Next time I'm in LA I will be donning an apron and checking them out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oooh! those little cakes look great! i'd love to have a go at making raw cupcakes....maybe i'll give it a go this weekend! ;-) thanks for inspiring me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...