A week of VEGAN - Meal plan - DAY 6 - lucious leeks and love hearts



Day 6 of my week of sharing what this vegan eats.  God, seems like a lot of food when you have it all there in front of you!  And the more I scout around for recipes to test and try the more I find. The options are endless!  I am loving my self imposed, meal plan assignment and whipping out my camera at every opportunity.  Though,  my satisfaction with my photography has more ups and down than a game of Snakes and Ladders!  Giving it a go is addictive though, (oh God, another obsession!) I get such a thrill when I take a good shot that gets a vegetable's 'good side'.


Tick tock.  It's gone noon, time to start thinking about lunch.  The sun's out, I'm thinking fresh and refreshing......salad?...no, ready in a jiffy       Pea & mint soup


It is a take on this soup I posted a while back.  I just omitted the watercress & nettle and added a handful of chopped fresh mint, I used scallions too.  Creamy, sweet and bright.


Dinner was light and summery too.  A leek tart. 


oh how I regret styling that fork with a pea on it! If I had a clue how to 'photoshop' I'd remove it...It seemed like a good idea at the time!  I was in awe of a few brilliant vegan blogs on the web before I came back to the UK and started posting recipes.  I couldn't wait to get stuck in to improve my skills.  Fun it is, easy it ain't.  Hey respect, photo bloggers extraordinaire!

Shall I tell you the recipe?...ok, get your shopping list out..


2 leeks
1 cup almond flour
1 v.large garlic clove
1 1/2 tsp fine ground black pepper
1 vegan stock cube
2 cups water
1 tbs olive oil
Follow the recipe for pastry here   pop pastry in fridge for 30 min.  preheat oven to 190

 
OK, webbers, shall we rummage up this tart?!.....

Preheat oven to 190.

1.finely chop the leeks and saute in the oil
2.add the garlic and saute for a further 2-3 mins
3.add the flour and stir well
4.add a cup of water and the stock cube
5.stir and simmer for 10 mins
6.add more water if needed. The mix mixture should be fairly thick.
7.taste and season. I heart lots of fine ground pepper

grease your pastry tin and line with your rolled pastry and then spoon in the filling.  Bake for approx 30 minutes.  Perfect for a party a picnic too.



I took so many shots..here is a few.





Which one do you think is best?  Tips/comments VERY gratefully received...

Oh, I served it with a pea and broad bean salad.  So simple.  Just a squeeze of lemon a drizzle of olive oil and a couple of very finely chopped mint leaves. a grating of black pepper...and some red onion chutney.


Dessert was a very simple affair.  I used some of the left over pastry and nestled it into a heart cookie cutter and spooned a generous helping of orange & ginger jam by St Dalfour..the BEST jams and totally sugar free.  You actually taste the fruit and not sugar (so I don't get that whole sugar rush thing going on!)


Sadly, the jam exploded!  It was a pleasing enough little treat though.

See you tomorrow! x

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...