Floating on a gluten free sponge in Cupcake Heaven!

I didn't get it..before..the fascination with cupcakes.  Yes, my heart would flutter at the sight of a delicate, girlie creation with sparkles and flowers and elegant swirls, but was left wanting once I bit into them.  They were beautiful but they didn't set my pulse racing or render me speechless.  I felt a freak...'what's wrong with me', I cried at my failure to succumb to the sugar sweet crumb.

I tried tea shops and markets when exploring London.  But when I sunk in my teeth all hope I  near abandoned.  On I plunged on my journey and stepped into tea shop and bakery....the artistic shells trussed up in their fakery.  Am I missing a taste bud, shall I never declare...'oh that cupcake is divine..someone get me a chair!'?

I had almost given up my plight and resigned myself to give my heart to my fudgey, bastions of gorgeousness,  black bean brownies instead.... but a little voice squealed in the back of my head 'don't give up on your search just yet, your dear longing will surely be met'. 

Then one Sunday I chanced by a Twitter and read tales of a lass that gave a glimmer of hope that did glitter.  I sought out her website and of a 100 (a slight exaggeration) flavours she wrote.  All oh them lovely and floatin' ma boat!

 We chatted a bit on Facebook,  and do you know, she was such a  kind sweet heart I decided to 'give it a go'.  I put in my order of sugar and gluten free and she swiftly sent out, as helpful as can be, a trio of cake pods to try and tempt me.


The postie this morning delivered the booty and I danced with glee round the kitchen shakin' ma booty!  The sponge was light and crumbly too, the chocolate ganache had a satisfying goo, the tiny raspberries were bursting with flavour and it melted on my tongue a darling sweetness to savour.  It is heart fluttery love and now I want to order every flavour!


I vote Hannah Banana #1 BEST CUPCAKE IN THE UK!









Sorry, I just came over all poetic.  Hannah Banana's cupcakes are AMAZING (gooey, moist, not too sweet - no sugar rush -  delectable, yummy, sublime, feastable, giggalicious)!  Hannah Banana caters for the (oh so Special) diets; Gluten free, sugar free, vegan.  She has a bakery you can visit (it's on my list...can't wait to take a little trip to Southampton) and mail order too.

Oh my goodness,  I now, finally  'get the cupcake thing'.   Hannah, I am blowing you kisses.  Thank you for your baking and sweetness. x

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...