Feeling blue
It's been a month since I returned from San Francisco......
...to the UK. I've still SO much to share with you. My time was spent mostly making new friends (oh how life affirming!), researching for a cookbook I am (slowly) putting together, scouting around in natural food stores and eating out, to find new flavours to share with you.
I am awash with ideas, scribbled notes, recipes pulled from magazines and (unfavourably) a few extra notches on the scales (I've got to get running). I don't understand how that happened! I was still cycling, walking and running in San Francisco. Even when you eat natural plant-based foods...life is still a push. I'm reteaching myself restraint!
London was very welcoming upon my return. It was warm, and pockets of brightness were poking out through the ground.
Then the weather has gone a little crazy. As have I. I'm spinning around trying to see which road I should be shooting down next. I'm throwing out a million seeds to see which take ground. I'll let you know how that goes. It is not a comfortable space for me. Do I act? Do I wait in faith? Yuk. Experience has taught me that these moments, if you allow them to do their work, usually come with a valuable life upgrade. It may be normal but I still find these moments uncomfortable and wish they were not a fact of life. I guess if I learn to welcome them they'd slip through easier. My sister-in-law had three increasingly easy births (the last one my brother had to having training just incase the baby slipped out...which she did, at home, into her fathers hands in under and hour!) just because she relaxed and accepted the arrival of her wee bairns.
I feel a bit overwhelmed with stuff I believe I need to do to succeed, and underwhelmed by my life in comparison to how I experience life being in the USA. Help me out. Stop my floundering. What is it you want or need? Can I help you to get that in anyway? Are recipes and the occasional postcard enough? I feel like I need to begin a whole new chapter.
While I wait for clues, this is proving to be a life saver....helping me from slipping into the goop.
WISH summit
My intention for this post was to be a glossy summary of vegan products and restaurants. I guess it just will have to wait until I stop being a little bit lost.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment