This place has had bad reviews in the past on Yelp. But don't let that stop you. Times have moved on and I've always found it a worthwhile destination. The staff have always been friendly and the food is delicious, lovingly presented and prepared nice and fast.
They have 6 raw food and 6 cooked vegan dishes, lots of smoothies and juices and desserts and even a filling acai bowl.
The seating could do with a feng shui consultant. I'd prefer small tables rather than the two rather awkwardly placed benches but this is a little critiscim. I was super happy to see lots of school kids queuing up for green juices. Bodes well for our future generations health!
So, what did we eat?…
Sherpa Sandwich
Served open-faced on our house-made raw bread. Hemp Pesto, Fresh Vegetables, Pineapple, Avocado, and Marinated Kale. Drizzled with a Cashew Curry “Cream” sauce and Gogi sauce and topped with Vegan Parmesan (contains walnuts).
Served open-faced on our house-made raw bread. Hemp Pesto, Fresh Vegetables, Pineapple, Avocado, and Marinated Kale. Drizzled with a Cashew Curry “Cream” sauce and Gogi sauce and topped with Vegan Parmesan (contains walnuts).
The raw bread was the best I have ever tasted. The texture was unlike any other I tried and was almost cakey. The flavours combinations were interesting, and really worked well together.
Soup Mahendra
Cauliflower, Green Lentils, Russet Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes, and a Spice Medley. Topped with Marinated Kale and Vegan Parmesan (contains walnuts).
Cannot fault it. Perfect. Warming. Homey.
A tamari-marinated portabella mushroom topped with fresh Zucchini, Kale, Cauliflower, Bell pepper, Onion, Sunflower Seeds, Sprouts, and Pineapple. Drizzled with our Cashew “Cream” sauce and Avocado Cheese sauce. My friend ordered this. I'd give it 6 out of 10. I don't think the mushroom was marinated enough and it lacked flavour somewhat.
Raw Carrot Cake - my friend's dessert of choice. Though good, thick with cashew nut cream topping, and a generous wedge of nut 'cake' with grated carrot (of course), and lovely warm cinnamon spices. However, it paled in comparison to my beautiful, swirly cupcake. I admit to being a little bit smug that I'd picked the best food. I know…so childish!
Judahlicious
3906 Judah St, San Francisco, CA 94122
3906 Judah St, San Francisco, CA 94122

2 comments:
Just when I thought I've been to all vegan places in SF, I found one that I missed out. Thanks for posting about this place. I'm very excited to try their vegan dishes, especially the raw carrot cake.
i india we really enjoyed the food tonight all the best roger
Post a Comment