Now that I have completed my obligatory 20 posts for Vegan MoFo 2013, I'm breathing a little easier and realising that there is a world outside my kitchen and the local supermarket. I've been getting all nostalgic for my recent trip to Berlin (see a list of all my Berlin eats at the end of this post). These are a few places that I visited but didn't write a dedicated review for. Really, Berlin's vegan food scene leaves you spoilt for choice!
Gluten Free Vegan Pizza in Berlin so good! There was hardly a crumb left!
One of the million or so photos I took of TV Tower
German Parliament. So little of it was original, inside was a totally modern building of glass & steel.
Potsdam…the area of Berlin that is awash with incredibly beautiful parks and palaces(12 of them, King Frederick II certainly had a bob or two!)…and two vegan restaurants. I talked my way into this one even though they were closed, so I could inhale the smell of cakes cooking take photos for you.
I also went to Markthalle Neun a few times. When I heard they had a recurring event for those with a sweet tooth I was on my bike as quick as you could say schwarzwalder kirsch torte
I had to go back to see Sun Day Burgers to get another hit of the Dali Lama trio of homemade sauces. I so wish they sold it in jars! Also some of that skillet fried tofu burger..look at it! To the right of the plate you can see a crepe like thing..it was vegan and gluten free chick pea bread from a bakers across the other side of Martkhalle 9. It was so tasty..the best socca I've ever tasted.
Amazing VEGAN, fondant filled schokolade by Edlemond The chocolateir was so sweet, chatting with me in English. Her creations are delicious.
chocolate wurst!!! from Delicacao have you ever heard of anything more awesome than a chocolate sausage?
Freckles. Cute little cafe serving cakes and pastries, and a gluten free tiramisu.
Sfizy Veg. An adorable little pizza restaurant. Totally vegan, but no gluten free pizza..yet!
For more Berlin food porn..















4 comments:
Awesome round up of your Berlin trip! I had no idea there was so much vegan goodness there. :-)
I went to Berlin in 2009 and loved the vegan food & products! I imagine there are loads of new vegan eats & products this year! I would love to go back to Berlin soon!
Omigosh. Just looking at these photos made me: a) SO HOMESICK and b) SO DETERMINED to get back home and eat some yummy food!!!! I was in Berlin almost 4 years ago and it looks like things are getting better and better! My boyfriend was just there with his band on tour and it sounds simply amazing!!!!
Great pics! I love the look of that little vegan pizzeria. Who would've known they have so many yummy treats!
Post a Comment