Do You Suffer From Healthy Snacking Dilemas? …Call The Saviour To Your Door


It happens often, when I meet someone and they discover I am vegan, they admit they would love to give it a try themselves, but they just don't have the time to invest in a considerable amount of time initially, standing in the food isle, reading product labels to educate themselves what is vegan and what isn't. Understandable. In the beginning, it is a little tricky..but the effort is worth it.  We all want to feel and be our best, right?! Which is why I am always on the look out for products that make you feel like you are indulged and not deprived.  Call me crazy, but I admit I actually like spending hours in whole foods stores, all over the world.  

Recently, I attended a food festival and my vegan magpie eyes caught sight of a pretty green box being shown around to the people queuing to enter the event.  At first I thought it probably contained gorgeous vegan, eco friendly underwear, but no.  It was full of vegan, gluten free snacks that actually help you to look good in your underwear!  

Saviour (cute name), it seems, are label reading addicts just like me.  They have put together boxes of snacks with nutritionist approved snacks, containing a selection of snacks.  Mostly sugar free, the vegan box had all but one of their items gluten free. To give you an idea of some of the goodies in the box;
  • raw energy bars
  • spiced nuts
  • popcorn
  • thai sweet chilli chickpeas (hooked on these! only 88 calories a bag)
  • raw chocolate covered gogi berries
  • The Wild Trail bar was the wild card in the vegan box and was not gluten free.  I donated that to a friend.





Their boxes are in the region of £15 + £2 p+p.  You can sign up and order just one, send one as a gift, or be really time efficient and get one sent to yourself or someone dear, on a regular basis.  I think that is a pretty smart idea and I am kicking myself I didn't come up with the idea first!


I can attest that receiving the box in the post is such a treat. I can also attest that when I got mine, my will power was weak and I was so excited at all the new, previously untested snacks, that I went through them like a plague of locusts!  Next time I'll be stronger!




I'd love to see Saviour omit any snacks containing sugar in the future in favour of naturally sweetened or healthier 'sugar' made snacks, but the selection does only contain a small amount in one or two products.  They do come quite close to perfect!

I can see the idea being especially great for parents wanting to give their children healthy snacks.  Just looking at the contents enables you to see just what goodness is available and help avoid the so called 'health bars' and kid friendly sweets that don't live up to their guilt free labels. Allergy friendly boxes that are gluten free are available too.

4 comments:

chow vegan said...

These types of snack box deliveries have been popping up a lot over here. Glad to see the idea has made it over there too. :-)

india leigh said...

@chow vegan

Hey sweet Chow!

Yes, eventually it all gets here! Any particularly good vegan ones you love in the US?

india leigh said...

@chow vegan

Hey sweet Chow!

Yes, eventually it all gets here! Any particularly good vegan ones you love in the US?

coconutandberries said...

I came across these boxes at London VegFest! Next to the Wild Trail bars which I sampled and loved :)
Love that so many more companies are getting on the vegan and healthy train and that their products are becoming so much more widely available.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...