Delicious. Organic. Cruelty Free. Beauty. 100% Pure.


I had to tell you about an wonderful discovery I made on my latest trip.  Just arrived in Austin, I was making my first stop to the local natural foods store in search of a good body lotion.  I asked a member of staff to give me a recommendation and without a word she led me over to some beautifully packed tubes sitting on the shelf.  'This smells INCREDIBLE', she said, with much animation.  I tried it. And it did.  I squeezed a blob of the coconut body lotion onto the back on my hand and rubbed the lotion in.  I honestly have never smelled any lotion or potion so delicious and intoxicating!  I had to take it home!

Showered and slathered liberally in the stuff I smelled so gorgeous, I couldn't stop inhaling the scent on my arms.  Until it just started to look weird in public, so I stopped.  

The range from 100%Pure is extensive. Literally has everything you could desire to preen and pamper your lovely self.  I tried more products. As you know, if a product excites me I want to know more about the story behind it's conception. Then I want to tell you all about it. You can read this amazing tale below the review.  It is worth the scroll, believe me.

This is what I found.



The Pink Grapefruit body scrub.  Intensely citrusy and vibrant. Chock full of luscious ingredients. The cane sugar crystals slope off any dead skin and the oils left my body feeling silky and utterly smooth and hydrated. NOTE: Be very careful when using this in the shower.  It is oily and makes the bath/cubicle very slippery! 













The coconut hand cream.  This is the divine, intoxicating, tropically scented coconut moisturiser I first stepped into the heady, pampering world of 100%Pure with.  The scent is like nothing else. I cannot smother my body in enough of the stuff. To be honest, in regards to the hand cream as opposed to the big tube of body lotion, unless you want a small handy carry size, I'd just buy the Virgin Coconut body lotion and use that. It did not appear to be any more concentrated.

The Coffee Bean Caffeine eye cream is hydrating and light.  Smells divine!  Tapping it around my eye socket.  Not sure if I experienced any pepping up of the skin anymore than the physical action of acupressure around the socket with a light cream would provide.  (But, I haven't had any heavy nights to test it out upon waking lately!)

The fruit pigmented tinted moisturiser is hydrating and non-oily.  It stayed put and gave a light coverage even on the warm days we had in Texas.  It doesn't have any sunscreen though.  So you'd have to apply a layer of that or have a face powder with SPF as I do (but from a different company).

The cute little lip and cheek crayon (I have the Shimmering Strawberry) gives a natural healthy blush to your cheeks. It is actually tinted with whole fruit!

I really love all the packaging, and just knowing that I can go out and buy a total range of cosmetics and toiletries that are effective, smell DIVINE and are good for the planet makes me feel so hopeful for the expanding awareness that is making it's presence felt in a growing number of businesses these days. Yay!





The story of Susie Wang
The real life story of the founder Susie Wang makes like a novel, or perhaps an exquisitely gentle, and beautifully shot movie.  She grew up with her Geisha grandmother in Japan.  Her formative years sound idyllic.  At the age of 5 she was already immersed in the world of flora and loved to garden. She learnt about herbs, teas, trees and flora that surrounded her.  She even cultivated her own fruits to make facial masks, perhaps this was as a result of witnessing the purity of the Japanese bath houses.

Despite this happy existence.  Her grandmother wanted more for Susie that she had had in life.  So at age 15 she sent her off to live in San Francisco.  This world was so alien to Susie, so for solace she took to rescuing animals and volunteering at animal shelters.  Susie settled and studied at the University of California in Berkerley, just across the Bay from San Francisco.   One day, she purchased some anti ageing serum from a store and after just one week, found it oxidising and turning brown, meaning the Vitamin C, meant to be nourishing the skin was actually devoid of any power and was actually applying harmful free radicals to the skin.  Susie being Susie, decided to find out how to stabilise the natural ingredients.  This led to a patent.  This led to some of the worlds largest cosmetics companies buzzing around her.  So..she ended up working for them as a skincare formulator and product developer.  Her new path was set.

The story then takes another surprising turn.  (Quote) Susie was in the lab formulating the “next big eye cream”.  She accidentally knocked over a vial of a chemical that was to go into that eye cream onto the lab table.  Within a few minutes, the chemical eroded the lab table (I take it not the whole table?!).  Shocked that the ingredients used to formulate cosmetics were harsh enough to eat away a lab table, Susie began digging for answers.  She soon discovered that many chemicals that were widely used in cosmetics were proven to cause cancer, tumors, irritations, and other skin disorders.   In addition to using toxic chemicals, Susie witnessed formulas only having just a dash of the active ingredients they were advertising and that most formulas were diluted with mostly water, thickeners, emulsifiers and other cheap fillers to “economize.”  

Then, one day whilst she was in her organic garden picking berries, Susie noticed how the berries stained her fingers.  The lightbulb went off.  She realised all of the antioxidants and vitamins were in the actual fruit pigments.  

The skills gained from her time at one of these huge international cosmetic company, and her outrage at at how these companies were misleading the public, AND her backyard berry picking discovery, compelled Susie to launch 100%Pure.  100%Pure was created to deliver the nutrients directly onto your skin.  It's like bathing and slathering in a fruit smoothie.  But cleaner..and in a tube!  

100% Pure is 100% Pure, vegan (or vegetarian when cruelty free honey is in formula), synthetic fragrance free, paraben free, toxic free and the most concentrated formulas possible without the use of water, thickeners, emulsifiers or any other cheap fillers.  Cruelty-free.  Is there anymore to love about Susie and her company?  YES!  They have even rescued and placed 21 dogs in loving homes last year alone, as well as given financial aid to those who need it for medical aid for their pets.  Their long term goal is to open up an animal sanctuary to further help their mission to help animals.  LOVE!

Isn't that incredible?! I love that story! AND, I love smelling and feeling like a goddess!

Just so you know:

I spoke to 100%Pure to tell them how amazing their cream was (I like to let people know I appreciate them) and they were so happy to the extent of my gushing about their body cream to them, they sent me some other products to review.  This review is based on my totally individual opinion and not at all biased.  I guarantee that I will only ever tell you about products that I totally love.

Have you tried other products in the range?  Leave a comment and let us know what else is good and we should try.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...