Brighton...Infinity Cafe
Back in Brighton. A Victorian seaside town, dubbed 'London by the Sea'. It is a fun place and absolutely chock with Veggie Vegan restaurants. A pub, one owned my Sir Paul McCartney's ex-wife, weird named ones... "Why kick a moo-cow"! Brighton has been a love of mine for a while so I've eaten in 99% of the veggie restaurants but not reviewed them before. There are tons so probably will take a while to get around to them all but I happily take on the task!
My first stop was a 'no brainer'. INFINITY FOODS CAFE, I grabbed the last of the soup and a spot by the window up stairs. It is situated in the hip North Lanes and people watching here is addictive and fruitful.
The gluten free bread was all gawn so I chose to 'sample' a rather large VEGAN scone. Suffering from a miserable cold I was afraid I wouldn't be able to taste a thing. The bright colour of the carrot, orange juice and coriander soup was lovely to peer down the bowl into. It did the trick and my taste buds were doing a little dance of joy. Though the flavour came in waves (down to the cold and not the fault of the lunch). The scone was quite good.
Infinity has a store a few doors up, and later on I had a slab of VEGAN tiffin. Not the Indian fayre but a thick wad of chocolate and biscuits. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiffin_(confectionery) . It has been years since I had tiffin and I did not know they did a vegan version. It was bloody mighty good. Thick chocolate, crunchy biscuit and pecan with just the right amount of raisins. Yummy!
No comments:
Post a Comment