Leon's London



Leon's is a bright 'fast food' eatery with a South American style interior.  It is not vegan but has a few tasty options.  I nipped in after a visit up town to the dentist (oh the heady thrills of it.....actually it was.  My lovely dentist was the barer of some good news).  He hadn't stabbed my mouth with needles so eating was top of my agenda, post dental appointment.

I'd been to Leon before.  Visited a couple of times before I flew to the US at the end of 2010.  It's a happy place. Family pictures (mostly dripping in 70's wallpaper and flares) hang on the walls.  

It is not a vegan joint but their menu is dutifully stamped with Vegan, heart healthy, gluten free dishes. All the non-v's I've taken along have given it the thumbs up.   Until 5 or 6pm meals are served in boxes at their 8 (to date) London locations.  After that plates and silverwear are placed beside flickering candles and dishes are served on wooden platters.



I batted in the safe zone and went to the sweet potato falafels (minus the aioli..not vegan), brown rice and crunchy vegan slaw.  It was a nice combo of textures.  The falafel's sweetness was balanced by the slightly acidic slaw.  The rice needed seasoning but had a nice chew. 

Leon's has a cook book or three.  Though they do have meat dishes they clearly are up on nutrition and offer good value 'fast food'.

Nothing to blow my socks off but good, filling and quick.  The Leon gobi looked good and I sampled the soup (cauliflower) which was lovely but a little under seasoned (for me).  They have quite a few locations in London Leon's and a fun Facebook page.   Leon's Facebook 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...