The Prince George, Brighton

Pre cinema dinner at The George in Brighton.  High expectations for some tasty VEGAN pub grub.  They've been all veggie for yonks of years so it's going to be a wham bam taste party right?!......WRONG!  The atmosphere was the dressing that lifted the dinner a tad.  The food was ok.  But I wanted a full on...wrap me in Sunday, comfort feast.  Noooo...GIVE ME FLAVOUR!

My friend ordered the falafel burger and chunky chips and I opted to put the 'Sunday Roast'...Butternut squash and cranberry roast with red cabbage, roasties and gravy..on a high pedestal from where it fell.  The potatoes had a nice flavour and were of generous proportions and the cabbage was cooked well in a fruity sauce, but the ROAST was a bit like eating a packet of sage and onion stuffing.  I played 'hunt the BN squash' whilst my companion sipped water to appease the salty falafel and hummous and left me to nick his chips to see if I could find some satisfaction for my expectant taste buds....Nope!

It was ok.  Pub grub.  The atmosphere was nice.  If I wanted to indulge in food to make my taste buds dance a conga I'd go elsewhere.  But... for a pub being all veggie though....I take my hat off to them.

Just as well I had a contingency plan and had scoffed a HUGE slab of vegan tiffin earlier in the day! Phew!

Falafel burger, hummous and fat chips

Under the trio of humongous spuds lurks a vegan roast

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...