Iydea Brighton

Sorry to be a typical English person and put the weather at the top of the agenda..... but with only one glorious day to be plucked from the sodden depths of a seaside winter I have been seeking comfort food.  Nourishing, warm and tasty, that's the Iydea.

Tucked away at the Northern end of the Laines in Brighton is a small vegetarian cafe called Iydea .  It's not huge, seating for about 30.  The windows steam up from all the hot enticing dishes laying side by side in a hot cabinet.  I've gone there nearly every day for their 'To Go' soups.  Only £1.90.  Filled to the brim in a recycled cardboard cup.  I've been rendered a contented and full bunny by their daily soups.  Roasted Jerusalem artichoke, parsnip, spinach and basil (my favourite)...topped with roasted seeds, carrot and ginger with a sprinkle of roasted carrot shavings and tomato and red lentil with a spoon of vinegared, grated beetroot on the top.  Taking advantage of each lunch time that has kindly held back the flow of precipitation, I've sat on a bench nearby and people watched as I sipped these thick heart warming lovelies.

Speaking of lovelies...it fits the description of the staff to a T.  All smiling sweeties...as diverse as their daily specials and guaranteed to leave you happy.

I also had a meal of their..'choose your own mains and salads'.  Rasam...a curried lentil stew type thing..perfectly cooked and spooned over tummy loving brown rice, greens, and pumpkin and parsnip smash....v.v.good.  Simple and good.  Alas, no picture of this but below is the garlic roasted green beans, butter bean & carrot salad, Indian potato salad, carrot & parsnip mash and hummus.....They know their comfort food at Iydea.


Its a cafe and not a candle and waiter service type place but for the wallet/purse conscious, those in a hurry or those needing to be warmed by nourishing food when the Sun is playing hide and seek....it is a winner...and that's without even telling you that at 4:30pm they put anything left in eco-friendly containers and sell it at a very pleasing price.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...