Plant Organic Cafe in Cow Hollow


Wasabi Plant Burger with sourdough bread and NOT ENOUGH of the cauliflower in the salad!
  I walked my bloody legs off to get from the Mission to Chestnut & Steiner to try out Plant. VEGANSAURUS and BAY AREA BITES were digging it so I HAD to get in on the act.  It was early..only 5pm so the place had an atmosphere bypass.  The staff were friendly enough.  Ms 'Funky Hair Big 'ole Bangs' behind the counter suggested the Wasabi Plant burger because I confessed I'd not crossed their threshold before.  I went with it.  What can I say?  It was fresh, the sauerkraut had a lovely vinegary crunch and woke up the lentil, beet burger.  There was a generous helping of buttery (though not cooked in butter they'd caramelized perfectly) fried onions.  The Wasabi? wasnotfoundi..subtle the operative word here.  In all, it was a good burger..I'd revisit this experience again.
Plant Cafe Organic THE PLANT CAFE...find them in Cow Hollow and at the Embarcadero

Raw vegan cheesecake with blackberry black pepper sauce and a cheeky little peanut butter cookie on the side

The cheesecake was ready sliced, packaged in a plastic tub in the cooler...Hmm, naughty, naughty Plant..listen up..word to the wise..when paying $7 for a dessert I'd expect it to be served to me on a nice white plate with shiny cutlery.  Come on.  So, to make up for their downfall I HAD to add a cookie and ask for a plate and put my own dessert together. Tut!  It was their fault a peanut butter cookie got killed in the making of this third course!  The berry cheesecake was dense, tart/sweet and good but the sauce was not really packing in the flavour.  The cookie not peanut buttery enough for me and I'd prefer the crunch taken up a notch..or two.  But I was happy enough.

I'd go back there again but I probably wouldn't lie awake at night reminiscing about my first date with Plant.  3 out of 5 stars

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...