Noon, and I was practically helping them to open up I was so on time and EAGER as an eager thing. Stan had returned with me too. His enthusiasm for the food as great as mine...(or perhaps it was the lure of more gorgeous staff for him to tease!). Stan wasted not a nano second when the waiter arrived and demanded that wontons be bought to our table with the swiftness of a forward breeze in a wind tunnel. The flavour of the crispy, hot little critters, from only 16 hours before, still lingered on my tongue. Damn, I was excited.
Jalapeno Wontons to start...
| Stan, proudly brandishing a kick ass jalapeno wonton. I had to refrain from snatching it from his grasp and stuffing it in my boca! |
Revisit my post from yesterday to read about these puppies....Jalapeno wontons....want tons!
After casting an eye over the menu, my eating partner decided, in double quick tempo, to give the Tacos a go. In an attempt to be as easy going and laid back as him (in regards to food selection) I managed to decide the fate of my tastebuds in a record time (pour moi) of only ten minutes!
Stan's tacos were reportedly v.good. He raved about the slaw. 'best ever', now there is a declaration for a man whose been around the block once or twice! I took a cheeky sample of the taco 'meat', fashioned from Jackfruit (taste, texture reminiscent of artichokes). I do declare I bloody love vegans. They are ALL given gold stars and sent to the top of the class for inventiveness. OUTSIDE OF THE BOX, baby!
I was to covet and demolish the soul bowl. What a fascinating journey that plate was! I pulled up along side the deep fried Mac n Cheez and let the engine idle....gooey, cheezy, chewy, salted to perfection..HA HA! Deep fried okra..eiuww, ladies fingers are usually the subject of a detour for me, slime not being at the top of my mouthfeel greats, but, dear reader...they were delicately crunchy and earthy. CONVERT! Those yellow fingerlings in the pics are deep fried babino corn. GENIUS. YUM. The roasted sweet potato was candied goodness and married perfectly with the garlicky polenta that I stabbed as a duo on my silver wear. I must admit, yesterday's Jamaican Jerk Burger takes some (a lot..can't be done..) beating but the Soul Bowl was utterly delish, a riot of flavour (and colour).
I took no prisoners and ate the bloomin lot. Threw down my napkin as a gesture of me being spent, done, satiated. My soul fed and watered. Purse a tiny bit lighter. My smile broader. I delivered a million thanks to the food God, and the smashing staff, and bowed out of this US adventure, a bunny of much happiness. 'Say it with me Arni...', hasta la vista, sugar! kisses to Sage.
No comments:
Post a Comment