After my mammoth meal plans - 21 recipess in 7 days last week I took a few days off and just ate steamed veggies, hummus and lots of salads. But I missed the self imposed deadlines though and push to make me cook a new dish every day. I will do it again soon, another whole week of meal planning. For now, here's a sweet fruity bake for the weekend. I was watching the cute Aussie chef Bill Granger on tv a few years back and grabbed this recipe for PEACH SLICE (I think he may have used raspberries too). I've buggered about with it a bit to make it my own....
ingredients
makes 8 slices (each with 1/2 peach, of course you can make smaller slices with 1/4 peaches)
2 cups flour (I used chickpea, coconut & kamut flour mix) (kamut is more easily digested by some than wheat but if you are gluten free then you could substitute for potato flour, rice flour etc.)
75g vegan butter or coconut oil
1/2 cup sweetener (I used fruit syrup)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
(see below of extra ingredients for the topping)
use your fingers to lightly combine the ingredients into a crumbly mix. decant half of the mix into a 7x10inch baking tray (lined) and press into the base to cover evenly. To the remaining half of the mix add
8 fresh peaches
1/2 cup of sweetener
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 tsp vanilla essence
3/4 - 1 cup vegan milk (almond milk is great with the peaches)
1/4 tsp salt
mix lightly - it should be the consistency of a thick batter
cut the peaches in half and remove stone. Place cut side down onto the base and then carefully pour on the topping. Pop into the oven quickly (best to get it into the oven whilst bicarb is reacting).
bake for approx 1 hour, until toothpick test comes out clean. *do check after 40mins as the top can over brown (I've covered lightly with parchment paper if it starts to look overdone)
I put a slice onto a plate and dolloped a spoon of vegan vanilla cream on the top, before ascending the stairs with a cup of green tea and my book. Nice.
Have a wonderful weekend! x
1 comment:
Yum, that is nice! Sounds like the beginning of a very relaxing weekend! :-)
Post a Comment