I AM FILLED WITH GRATITUDE in San Francisco


Another day in San Francisco and another Vegan Meetup.  This time with Vegans and Vegetarians.  I nearly didn't go.  The event changed at the last minute from Gracias Madre (excellent vegan Mexican restaurant in the Mission) to it's sibling Cafe Gratitude.  My last visit to this place a year ago I'd vowed never again.  I had thought it over priced and the portion sizes mean.  Thank God I had a wake up call yesterday and remembered it was about the people and not just the food!  I AM SO GLAD that I showed up.


Over 40 of us had gathered from the  Vegan and Vegitarian Meetup group.  The atmosphere in the cafe was transformed from the last time.  The staff were exceptionally friendly and knowledgable.  The whole evening was perfect.  Things change I guess.  Off days are allowed (sometimes), and realistic.


For those of you who don't know, Cafe Gratitude is an organic, vegan, part raw cafe located on 20th & Harrison.  It's the cafe Jason Moraz sang about in one of his tunes.  It was the first place I ever had raw food and the first time I went it was pretty fantastic too, and so fun.  The dishes on the menu are all carry a positive adjective - I AM WONDROUS, I AM DAZZLING etc.  Grab a looksee at the menu here


Sorry for the poor quality pics but the lighting is not set up for bloggers.  Luckily the food is.





raw pzza - I was told it was good


one of their hearty bowls.  I think it was I AM WHOLE


I AM EXTRAORDINARY - my entree, and the BEST meal I've had so far, on this trip to SF.  Coconut 'bacon', and avocado with chipotle aioli  wrapped with raw apple curry bread - nearly had me tearing up it was so good.  Messy, creamy, kicking and salty/savory....oh Lordy!  I'd eat this again in a heartbeat.  It is my new BFF (Best Forever Food) 
Rahul - the events organiser.  A fellow snapper.
A good gathering



Raw chocolate coconut cream pie.  My neighbour was not only great company but generous too - he let me have a taste.  Honestly, It wasn't the best raw pie I'd had, but it was nice.  Perhaps everything was paling into insignificance after my PERFECT entree



I met with such fun people. I've said it before and I'll say it again.  I wish I had found www.meetup.com years ago and I am so thankful for it now.   It must of been a good night for me to sit down for that long!  I left late and made my way back to my apartment a very contented girl.  I AM GRATEFUL indeed! 



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...