Veganz Buffet - What To Eat For Sunday Brunch In Berlin








Berlin, Berlin, what are you doing to my waistline?  What's a girl to do when quality AND quantity exist together in delicious harmony? Ok, it is vegan, fresh, mostly raw, packed with super foods and served with love, but a glutton is a glutton. It was an unfair challenge (to myself) to try and eat just one plate and a small dessert, when I visited the brunch buffet at Veganz recently.  The beautifully laid out display of numerous salads, raw bruchetta and crackers topped with beautiful diced vegetables, and whipped dips and souffléd nut creams made my eyes bigger than my belly, as my dear old Dad used to say.  The four hot dishes were, all but one, gluten free; tempeh goulash, coconut curry, wild rice and roasted squash hash.  The squash dish ranked no. 1, in my opinion. Happy belly food.

Dessert comprised of a meley of breakfast type dishes; cornflakes, fruit, yogurt, jewel-red chia jam, and chia/coconut porridge.  The porridge called me back twice. It was thick, unctuous,  creamy and satiating (well it would be after all the food that preceded it!).  I spooned over a toffee coloured, sweet nut spread too. Oh, and there was me nearly forgetting…I also ate my way through a slab of raw cheesecake, subtly flavoured with orange zest.

This was amazing value. Just over €12  Veganz is a totally vegan store, one of many popping up all over Europe.  This is the future of food shopping, eating. The store is bright, clean and modern.  It has everything you could wish to buy with an ethical heart. The buffet is only on Sundays but the Goodies cafes is open every day.

I will be posting more about Veganz in the coming week or so.  I hope you'll come back and read about that too.

Veganz
Address: Schivelbeiner Straße 34, 10439 Berlin
Phone:030 44036048






2 comments:

Liane said...

I didn´t know they do brunch as well :)yet another reason to go back there.

Vanda Kadas said...

Vegan mama reporting here from California!
See you guys at the brunch..In July...
Yay...I have never had the luxury of attending to an all vegan brunch yet...regardless that I have been vegan for 20 years!!!!
Thank you...
and my 9 years old vegan daughter is all excited too!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...