Welcome to MoFo Day 2!
I'm not cooking today. I'm eating, but not cooking. I fly to the UK today (boo!..don't want to leave Berlin). I was like a woman possessed yesterday peddling like the clappers from Prenzlauer Berg to uber hip Neukolln. So many vegan joints in this area it makes my head spin!
I can't believe I didn't manage to get down to Cafe Vux until my penultimate day in Berlin. It is probably just as well, I probably saved myself from imbibing a day fix of their gluten free zitrone cheesecake. Oh my dear heart…whipped, creamy, citrusy, melty on my tongue..y! Their cake display was raising my oxytocin levels! LOVE.
I visited on Sunday. It is their brunch day but I'd already eaten somewhere else and only had room for CAKE. When I return this place will be my first stop. The vegan berlin grapevine hailed this joint as an amazing brunch spot. As for the cakes? They make all eyes roll heavenwards. All homemade, reported to be Brazilian inspired, they serve waffles, bagels and smoothies too. They told me they have Vux, create everything with such care, from the interior design, creating such a nice atmosphere, to their amazing sweet creations. They have been cooking with passion since they opened in 2009. My friends, over visiting from London Vegans, have eaten cake here EVERY DAY! Ok, now go feast your eyes on the rest of the photos…
See you tomorrow.
opening times
Wednesday to Saturday, 12 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Sunday, 12 a.m. – 6 p.m.
wipperstrasse 14, berlin-neukölln
(near Richardplatz, corner Kirchhofstraße;
S+U / Neukölln, Bus M41 / Hertzbergplatz)
For more Berlin food porn..







4 comments:
Looks so yummy :)
Welcome to Vegan MoFo 2013! I cannot stop and comment your post. I used to live in Berlin 3 years and Vux is definitively my favorite place where to eat. I miss its delicious bagels and cakes. Thank you for mentioning it!
Oh my goodness, I loved Berlin when I visited about twelve years ago and now I have even more reason to want to go back. I wasn't vegan back then but this year I've read lots of blogs about vegan dining in Berlin and my eyes bug out at all the cake.
@thevegankitchenofdrcaligari
Thank you for stopping by 'thevegankitchenofdrcalagari' or Luca! I am so happy you did because it made me look at your blog and discover those delicious aduki bean paste cupcakes!! Happy MoFo!
India
Post a Comment