After a day of writing and cycling (not at the same time!) I wanted a QUICK meal that was comforting AND tasted like an Italian had prepared it. It had to be vegan AND gluten free. I grabbed 5 ingredients out of my cupboards and got chopping.
What did I come up with? Creamy garlicky mushroom pasta with dill.
The pasta I used is made out of rice and vegetables. Clever ORGRAN The colours are so lovely.
Do you want to make it too? It is scrumdiddly!
INGREDIENTS SERVES 4
1 bag pasta (250g)
2 x Portabello mushrooms (sliced) (or mix of wild mushrooms..I sometimes used dried mixed, they are v.flavourful)
50ml soya cream
1 med onion
2 large cloves garlic
1 1/2 tbs chopped dill
salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste and a squidge of half a small lemon.
1 tbs extra virgin olive oil - 1 for frying and the other to swirl over finished dish.
So..lets get cracking..or cooking.
- Finely chop the onion and saute until soft and turning gold then add finely chopped garlic and mushrooms, careful not to burn, for a further 4-5 mins. Inhale that smell. Thank God for garlic!
- Meanwhile, fill up a large pan with salted water and bring to the boil (I boil water in a kettle for speed). Drop in the pasta - it takes 8 mins or thereabouts.
- Finely chop the dill.
- Drain the pasta into a colander and return to the pan, add the mushroom mix and pour on the cream and the dill. Stir in ingredients whilst on a low heat. Season well and squeeze over the juice of that lemon.
- Serve immediately.
See!.....quick and so delicious you'd think your sitting on a sunny terrace in Tuscany.
1 comment:
Wow, that looks so yummy for just ten minutes! :-)
Post a Comment