Raw Love Life



Hmm, lots of v. weird..but wonderful, definitely wonderful things have been occurring lately.  You know when you just have one of those times in your life when everything seems, well...auspicious (cough....I often get pulled into an inquisitive worm hole and just went off for a quick info surf..did you know the world auspicious has it origins way, way back in 1590 from the meaning a good omen 'one that takes signs from the flight of birds..well, well).  The path to the Raw Chocolate Alchemy workshop was the stuff of future , personal, legend.  Shall I tell you how?  Well, I'm going to give you a snippet anyway.  A couple of weeks ago I went to a lecture by Stephen Pinker that opened my mind to the fact that the world is getting a nicer place to live (less wars, more love, improved health and prosperity, etc.  compared to the course of the last 2000 years), after I emerged dreamily onto the Strand, London and without thought stepped into an art exhibition that loomed into my sight.  The exhibition blew. me. away. I am forever hounding the Heavens to give me some sort of sign as to my next course of action or whether I was doing 'life' right.  The visionary artwork displayed on soft white walls gave me a definate nod and a  cheeky wink to 'keep calm and carry on'.  I was moved to email the artist.  Long and short we clicked.  Soul sisters.  What followed was a sure conspiracy from the Heavens to get us to meet..coincidence after delicious coincidence led us to meet up at a raw food workshop in East Sussex.

I was a little nervous at meeting the artist, Belle, and her husband, but we connected straight away. Easy. Who couldn't warm to such a kind and fun couple.  My new friends are a rare and beautiful treasure.  The workshop was run by a well travelled, down to earth guy who was as gentle as a breeze.  Bonus.  Three other people came too who were, intriguing, fun and so friendly. Bonus.  We had such a great time watching demos for how to make raw, chocolate granola, divine cheesecake, glossy, heart shaped confection, lots of tasting and then enjoying a beautiful lunch with a coconut hummus that nearly had me reenacting the famous Meg Ryan scene in When Harry Met Sally! Bonus.  Bonus. Bonus.  Don't you just love it when you are ripping along in life and God is blowing at the sails!

I wanted to tell you about the course and pass on the details so you could also have the chance to attend one of Chef Sarmado Sibley's courses, and feel as cosseted as I, learn how to make raw chocolate, laced with essential oils, raw fudge that is unbelievably good, a smoothie of silky goodness, and whatever else the chocolate alchemist has up his sleeve. The new website is due to be unveiled soon, along with details of his future courses. 

Although, my body personally couldn't be 100% raw or even close, I am always amazed by the textures, flavours and innovation of raw food chefs and can usually draw inspiration from them and I like to be on the look out for new tastes and ideas.  The fact that raw food is ridiculously good for you is a double thumbs up.  Raw Love Life has lots planned for the future so I will be stalking his website for updates!
 


chef sarmado sibley

a bowl of chocolate granola...heaven!

our lunch.  Flax crackers with coconut hummus and mixed sprouts

cacao mountain



The next Raw Love LIfe course is running on 26th November 2011 in West Sussex.  Here is Chef Sarmado's webiste and detail of his  Chocolate Alchemy course.  The new website is all set to be epic and stuffed with lots of information that this world traveller has gathered about raw food & chocolate, fabulous workshops and stuff that is still under wraps.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We were there and agree totally! Raw food and chocolate in particular is a Divine Gift, free for all and when combined with Love and friendship in a beautiful coctail for all to appreciate and enjoy is Awesome! Mark n Belle x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...