Gluten Free supermarket in San Francisco


THE SHAPE OF THINGS TO COME?!....

Out to dinner the other night with a friend and we happened across something VERY special in the Design District/Protrero area.  What lay behind 30 ft high pink perspex door was a TOTALLY GLUTEN FREE shop.  I will tell you at the outset, it is not all VEGAN and you'd have to be savvy if you shop there but I thought it was a futuristic triumph.  Inside was a whole new way to shop for groceries.  Topher, the vibrant, artsy owner is a joy of a human.  Her enthusiasm for gluten free products, her community and providing a fun and colourful shopping experience was clear.  I adored her on site.  She showed me around like I was visiting royalty and made me feel so utterly welcome.  She readily scribbled down products I'd used and listened to my food wish list.

I LOVE her whole inclusive concept and vision - you can order online if you can't make it to the store - Gluten Free Review Grocery

a gluten free oasis behind the curtain

beautiful, bright, well stocked and welcoming

tastings and samplings to educate and titillate your palate


vast selection of books to buy


even stuff for your pooch!
Topher is all about the community and education.  She runs classes also, in conjunction with well known local chefs and nutritionists.  I came out totally entranced with the place and so excited for our evolving food stores.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...