Tattoo it on your bucket list - Cinnaholic Berkeley


'if you are gluten free, and you are going to take the chance and eat one thing that contains gluten, go here'.  'It is worth the fallout'.  This is what I was told.

I went.  I deliberated.  Eventually I purchased a fresh-from-the-oven mini bun.  I tentatively, and not without some tension made my selections for its adornment. It was frosted with maple.  It was dusted with oatmeal pie crumble.  It was spotted with pecans.  I carried it outside.  Propped my butt onto a steel bar stools and sat the tiny bun atop the table.  I have never had a cinnamon bun.  They never looked appealing to me.  The bun was still warm from the oven.

Words evaporate.
Struck dumb.
(head nods reverentially, emotion grips in her throat)...'go there' she managers to whisper.




I never thought a bun could be this good.  If a bun could transport you to Nirvana, then this one is the golden ticket to carry you there.




soft pillow of warm dough, hugging small pools of buttery maple frosting, delicate spices, pecan bite.....(sigh)

3 comments:

chow vegan said...

Lucky you eating at all of the places I haven't gotten around to trying! I've been dying to try Cinnaholic, some day... :-)

Georgia | The Comfort of Cooking said...

Oh my goodness... That looks incredible. My mouth is on the floor, and it wants this cinnamony treat! Thanks for sharing!

Amber said...

Struck dumb.. totally.... drool.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...